abbas799ab@ ger

Happy Friday!

Welcome back some people and new face tonight in my class. Everyone love all the food and fun to work with.What a happy Friday and great tea...

Calling it a day

Hi All,

I am bringing down the curtain on Mamacook.  It's been going for over three years now and during that time I've had some amazing feedback.  I'm at the point now though where I'm going to have to make a big investment in camera equipment to be able to even stand still (as I no longer have access to an SLR as you will have seen from recent photos).  I've got to the point where I'm questioning whether it's the right decision for me and my son.


My son was under 1 year old when I started this blog and now he's 4.  Through my blog I've helped him discover a love for great food and it's helped me challenge myself and stretch my imagination on what kids will and won't eat.

I had intended to continue my blog moving into lunch box food as he starts school but with the changes being made across the UK, this now makes it a moot point.

So I very much hope you have enjoyed reading.  I will keep my blog up and visible for anyone who wants to read it; it is effectively my online recipe book anyway and I keep going back to posts I love.  I just want to spend less time promoting, researching and testing recipes and more time with my son.  All bloggers like to claim they don't look at stats but we're all naturally competitive and I don't want to be ruled by that anymore.  I do have a couple of posts left to write and a couple banked but, I can honestly say my heart isn't in it as much as it was and I think it's starting to show.  I'd rather finish on a high than feel like I'd let things slide and there are so many fantastic blogs out there now with really exciting recipes and much better photography than mine!

I really hope you've enjoyed reading and will continue to read.  That is the nature of the internet, my work is published, out there and hopefully helping other parents feed their kids interesting food.

I might, some day, take my experience and start working on another blog but for now, this has been some of the hardest but most enjoyable 3 and a half years of my life.  Thank you for reading.

Heidi (Mamacook)

Update:  I have now launched my new blog, Eat Like You Love Yourself.  Please take a look.  The blog is all about food for busy people who often eat alone but don't want to eat rubbish!  Here are a few photos to wet your appetite!









No comments:

Post a Comment